Life Changes

Should I Notify TRS of Major Events Occurring in My Life?

Events, or life changes, occurring during the course of your TRS membership may necessitate you contacting our office to report beneficiary changes or name changes. Events such as:

  • Marriage,
  • Birth of Children,
  • Divorce, or
  • Death of Spouse.

The Change of Beneficiary form should be completed to report beneficiary or name changes to TRS. It is important to keep beneficiary information on file with TRS up-to-date. In the event of your death, a monthly benefit, or a lump-sum payment, is due to your beneficiary(ies) or estate. See the links to the right for additional information.